Monday, December 29, 2008

X'Mas 08

Following pics were taken by my brother and not me...
Was too busy helping in the preparations for the dinner

Roasted turkey w/o stuffing


Pie with creamy chicken and vegetable filling


Potato crust pie with minced pork and sausage filling


My first attempt at a log cake

Turkey this year was a little on the burnt side, but still as delicious as ever. It's roasted without any stuffing inside. I kind of hate stuffing inside the turkey, it 'complicates' the taste. Just a plain roast with bastings from time to time.

The 2 pies were made by my aunt and were real good, I had like 2 servings of each pie.
There was also some shaved ham from Carrefour which were pretty good and some toasted bread to go with the onion soup (not pictured).

Tried making a log cake at the 'request' of my brother. Followed a vague recipe for this one and I wasn't really pleased with the end result though. Made a mistake in the cake filling so the cake ended up pretty dry. The icing was also too sweet for my liking. The cake decoration was done by my dad and it turned out pretty good. At least it looks better than it tastes lolz. Though I was told that the cake tasted pretty good, it's still quite a failed attempt for me...

I probably should go with the normal swiss roll cake and then do a rum/berry cream filling in the centre followed by a dark chocolate coating and then icing on top for next year.

No comments:


Nothing beats a little green to brighten up the place