Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Movie Jazz

A long overdue update...

Had finally obtained a Movie Jazz due to OG having 20% off for it making it slightly above $20 which I thought was reasonable given the ridiculous pricing set by Hasbro for most of it's products selling locally, which meant that this is my very first TF Movie figure.

Had obstained from getting any of the movie TFs since I didn't really like the overall feel of this particular line plus the fact that they were overpriced didn't help either. I might be getting some other movie TFs if they're on clearance.

Starting off with the alternate mode, Jazz is a modified Pontiac Solstice GXP.

This mode IS the only saving grace for this figure, IMHO since the robot mode sucks to the core.
More on that later.
Personally, I think that Jazz's alternate mode is the best looking out of all the movie TFs out there. Bumblebee doesn't even come close, but, I'm not a Camaro fan anyways.

The only reason why I keep him in his robot mode in my display is that I lack the space to display him in his alternate mode...
Maybe I'll clear out some space for that later...
As you can see, the weapon can be fitted on the spoiler to turn it into some sort of attack mode

Not going to say much about the robot mode, other than the need for more articulation and the scrawny pathetic excuse of having tri-claws for a hand, a ridiculous weapon that's supposed to be a 'telescoping sword' but looks more like an over-extended gun and the back part of the boot as a shield that does not even look like a shield.

Don't even get me started on his rabbit ears...
Attached with his weapon
Shield attached as well
Close up shot

No comments:


Nothing beats a little green to brighten up the place